CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Guess What!?!?!

Well I think that it was a good thing that I posted my "teaching rant". It really made me realize that teaching is where I belong. Most of you seemed to agree with that. Thank you for your insights.

It is a funny thing, about 1 hour after I made that post I got a call to go an interview for a kindergarten position. So today at 11 a.m. I headed out to the interview, I felt like it went well. When I got home I got into my comfy clothes and settled in to watch some more Olympics. I went up stairs and noticed that the light was blinking on the phone. I had a message from the school I worked at last year saying please give them a call, so I did. I spoke to the principal and he said that they just had an unexpected opening. It was for 2nd grade. However they have a teacher on maternity leave and she may return in Oct. or Dec. to take my place. So anyway the principal said that if I wanted the job it was mine. I immediately said "I know that this is where I want to be" and would love to accept the job, even if it is for a short time (hopefully she will stay home!). So I have a job for now and I could not be happier! Karma??? Maybe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations! I guess I will have to sell cheese logs by myself. :)

Aubrey Doyle said...

Oh Ya! I am so excited for you! You are an amazing person and deserve this job! I hope it all works out for you and you can stay on permanently! Good luck! Keep us posted!

Wayman Fam said...

Congratulations!!! I hope everything works out for you.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Yahoo!

J said...

I'm so happy for you. Sorry this is so late but I just barely got my computer hooked up after this move to the wilds.