CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Birdie

Well, since we moved to our new apartment I have really enjoyed the outdoor patio area. I immediately pulled out my bird feeders and began watching for birds. Well all that lovely bird watching was inturrupted by quite a few furry-tailed squirrels. It took them all about five minutes to figure out how to get into our feeders.
They just look devious don't they! Well, I must say that it was amusing watching them the first couple of times they emptied the bird feeders. Then it just made me mad. So being the inventive person I am, I contrived a V shape out of purple yarn and hung the feeder from it. I was quite pleased with my invention. Well the next morning, husband decided it looked like crap and cut it down without my permission. Needless to say, I was pissed. All my hard work gone! Okay, I will admit it wasn't the best-looking contraption, but I thought it was keeping the furry-tailed ones at bay. My husband put it back on the branch and said don't worry they won't get it now I lowered it. I looked at him with wide eyes and said "okay honey whatever you say" still very much pissed of at him! I ate my breakfast and waited for the squirrel to get into the feeder. Then after the squirrel climbed up the branch I knew we were in for a show. Rather than the usual hanging upside down and taking all the seeds, he gnawed the rope and the feeder fell to the ground. I turned and looked at my husband and just smiled. I love being right!
Husband made a mental note of how upset I was and decided to get me a squirrel proof feeder for Valentine's day. How thoughtful is he? I helped pick it out and he put it all together for me. The furry-tailed ones did attempt to get it, but as of now all attempts have failed.



Here is one attempt caught on film!


We have seen many beautiful birds: Blue Jays, Cardinals, Woodpeckers, Doves, and many more. We need to get a book about birds native to CT.
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!!

2 comments:

HeRoosSheRoos said...

That is so funny. I'm glad the squirrel helped prove you right. You didn't even have to say, "I told you so."

nymanzanita said...

That is a cute story...what a sweet present from your hubby.